Netflix error UI-200
What is Netflix error UI-200?
Netflix error UI-200 is an error that usually occurs due to connectivity issues.
How can you fix Netflix error UI-200?
Some of the solutions to this error include reactivating your Netflix and logging out from all devices using a web browser.
Please see our in-depth walk-through solutions below.
Solution 1. Reactivate device with your Netflix
Netflix error UI-200 may occur if your Netflix account desynchronizes from your device. You may want to reactivate it.
For Smart TV and Roku
- Run the Netflix application.
- Then press Up, Up, Down, Down, Left, Right, Left, Right, Up, Up, Up, Up using your remote control arrow key.
- A secret window screen will appear with a button, select the Deactivate button and then exit Netflix.
- Run the Netflix app again and then sign in to your account.
- Open Netflix and quickly hold Start and Select for at least one minute.
- When a window request for re-register Netflix, close it.
- Re-open Netflix and update it.
- Then try again.
Another thing that may desynchronize your account from your device is when your account subscription has ended. If the following solution above does not work, try to clear the cache of your device by unplugging it from the electric socket for at least three minutes.
Solution 2. Log out all Device using a Web Browser
As in solution 1, Netflix error UI-200 may occur if your Netflix account desynchronizes from your device. You may want to reactivate it using a web browser.
- Go here.
- Log in to your account.
- At the Upper left side of the Web page click your account logo and select Your Account.
- Look for Sign out of all devices
- On the next web page, select Yes.
- The,n sign back in using your device.
If the following solution does not work, try to clear the cache of your device by unplugging it from the electric socket for at least three minutes.