What is "Pokemon Go failed to get game data from server error?"
"Pokemon Go failed to get game data from server error" is an error that usually occurs when you have used cheats when playing Pokemon Go, such as using a third-party app to manipulate the game data. Getting the error could mean any of these things: your account may be banned (soft or hard ban), your IP is banned, or it is a server issue.
How can you fix "Pokemon Go failed to get game data from server error?"
Some of the solutions to this error include checking your connection and the Pokemon Go server, clearing the data and cache.
Please see our in-depth walk-through solutions below.
1. Check your connection and Pokemon Go server
"Pokemon Go failed to get game data from server error" is an error, which may cause you to be unable to retrieve your information from the games server. It may be caused by the server issue or your internet connection.
- Make sure your internet connection is in good condition.
- If your connection is stable, please check Pokemon Go server. Please see a link to check the server status http://ispokemongodownornot.com/. In the image below, the status of the server is good and running.
- Make sure your account is not banned by the server. Check your email to verify or create a new account and try to access the game.
- Make sure your country IP is not banned by the server.
2. Clear cache and data
"Pokemon Go failed to get game data from server error" may be caused by the Pokemon data cache on your device. The cache might be conflicting with the data in the Pokemon Go server. To refresh it, please delete the data and cache of the game.
- Restart your Phone and try to reconnect to the server.
- If it fails, close the Pokemon Go app.
- Go to Settings >> Apps >> Pokemon Go.
- Click Clear cache then Clear Data.