What is 'PS4 error CE-34878-0'?
PS4 error CE-34878-0 is a general error that may occur when corrupted data or a system software causes the game you are playing on PS4 to crash. This error may occur from time to time. If it happens regularly and renders the game unplayable, it could indicate more than a normal crash, which means your console may need service.
How can you fix 'PS4 error CE-34878-0'?
Some of the common fixes include:
- Checking for updates
- Reinstalling the original hard disk drive (HDD)
- Initializing PS4
Please see our in-depth walk-through solutions below.
1. Check for updates
"PS4 error code CE-34878-0" may occur if your PlayStation 4 is out of date. You may need to restart your PS4 and check for update. This will refresh your PlayStation 4. To check for updates, go to settings and look for System Software Update.
If no update is available for your PS4, check for a game update.
2. Reinstall the original hard disk drive (HDD)
If you did an upgrade to your PlayStation 4 hard disk drive and you encounter the error “PS4 error code CE-34878-0”, try to reinstall the original hard disk drive. Or, reflash firmware using the new hard disk drive using the instructions below.
- Please go to this site here.
- At the web site scroll down until you see “Perform a new installation of the system software.”
- Click it to expand.
- Copy the firmware to your USB flash drive. The folder should be named PS4, next folder should be named UPDATE and paste the firmware PS4UPDATE.PUP (use uppercase).
- Insert it to your PS4 and update your firmware.
- Check if the error still persists.
3. Initialize PS4
"PS4 error code CE-34878-0" could also be caused by a corrupt firmware. Initializing your PS4 may fix the problem. Please be reminded to back up your data before you execute Initialize PS4 to protect data loss. To initialize PS4 see steps below.
Step 1. Access Safe Mode
See video tutorial here on YouTube or refer to the instruction below.
Step 2. Run Initialize PS4
In Safe mode, select number 6 Initialize PS4.
If the error still appears, run the number 7 Initialize PS4.
If this fails, your PS4 may have a faulty hardware. Please bring it to a service center near you.
4. For Apex Legends CE-34878-0
“PS4 error code CE-34878-0” appear on Apex Legends may cause the game itself. Since it is a new game, the possibility of having a lot of bugs may occur. A temporary fix is provided below.
- Close the Apex Legends.
- Disconnect the internet connection Turn off the modem/router or disconnecting the LAN cable.
- Run the Apex Legends
- Reconnect the internet connection. Turn on the modem/router or connect LAN cable.
- Press X to reload the Apex Legends