PS4 error code WV-33907-2
What is ‘PS4 error code WV-33907-2’?
PS4 error code WV-33907-2 is an error that usually occurs when you could not connect to the server within the time limit. It could mean that the connection is busy or unstable.
How can you fix ‘PS4 error code WV-33907-2’?
Some of the common fixes include:
- Checking the internet connection
- Checking for a system software update
- Setting the Domain Name System (DNS) to Manual
Please see our in-depth walk-through solutions below.
Solution 1. Check Internet Connection
“PS4 error code WV-33907-2” may be caused by an unstable internet connection. The unstable internet connection might be due to any of the following below.
- Check PSN server status here. The server might be under maintenance or the server is overloaded by request.
- It could be due to a network cache problem, turn off the console and unplug the modem router for at least three minutes.
- The Internet service provider (ISP) may be having an issue connecting to the PSN or game server, access speeedtest.net to verify the internet connection speed or directly call your ISP to verify.
Also, check the forums if there are more users in your area is having the error. This would conclude that your ISP is causing the issue.
- If connected via WiFi, the PS4 could be receiving weak WiFi signal from the access point (modem router). Try to move the PS4 and the access point closer or use wired settings (ethernet cable).
- Someone is using too much bandwidth such as downloading large files or streaming multiple videos at the same time. Let them finish or ask a favor to reduce the bandwidth being used.
Solution 2. Check for System Software Update
A system software update might be available, which is required to be installed to stabilize your internet connection and prevent “PS4 error CE-41812-6.” Do check for updates in Settings >> System Software Update.
Double check system software update in the Safe mode, to confirm. See guide below how to access PS4 Safe mode.
- Turn off the PlayStation 4.
- Connect your PlayStation 4 DualShock 4 controller using the USB cable.
- Press and hold the power button for at least seven seconds. The second beep is the indicator to release the power button,
- Press the PS button on the controller.
- You should be able to access the safe mode. Please select Update System Software.
- If an update is available, update it. Wait until the process is over.
Solution 3. Set Domain Name System (DNS) to Manual
“PS4 error CE-41812-6” may also appear when the set DNS or the obtained DNS would not connect properly to the PSN server. You might want to change the DNS using Google public DNS server, see the guide below.
Also, you might want to set the PS4 IP address to static. Please go to Settings >> Network >> View connection, take a picture or copy the network information onto a piece of paper.
- Go to Settings.
- Go to Network.
- Go to Set Up Internet Connection.
- Select form WiFi or LAN Cable, whichever you are using.
- Select Custom.
- For the IP address, select Manual. Input IP, subnet, and gateway, that you have copied.
- If you do not have a DNS server, use Google Public DNS
Primary DNS: 22.214.171.124
Secondary DNS: 126.96.36.199
- For the MTU setting, select automatically.
- Proxy server select Do not use.
- Then, test your connection.
To set DNS to Manual using the router, see this YouTube video here.
Solution 4. Manually install the system update
If PS4 error CE-41812-6 still appears, try to manually update your PlayStation 4 using the instruction below or watch it here on YouTube. You will need a USB flash drive and a computer to manually install the system update.
- Download the firmware using a computer from this link.
- Click Download Update.
- Format the USB flash drive to Fat32
- Create a folder inside the USB flash drive. Name it PS4 (all capital).
- Create a folder inside the PS4 folder. Name it UPDATE (all capital).
- Then copy and paste the firmware inside the UPDATE folder and name it as PS4UPDATE.PUP (all capital).
- insert the USB flash drive to the PS4.
- Access PS4 SAFE mode. See this link how to access Safe Mode.
- A message will appear “the PS4 will be initialized,” click Yes to confirm.