Samsung Update Error Code 401 is usually caused by a corrupted or incomplete firmware update. This can happen if the update file is damaged, if the update process is interrupted, or if the phone is not properly connected to the computer during the update process. If you are trying to update your phone and see this error code, it is recommended that you try again with a fresh copy of the update file.
You are here because you have a question about:
- error code 401 android update
- samsung update error code 401
1. Check your internet connection and try again
- Go to the "Settings" menu on your phone.
- Select "Wi-Fi" and then "Check connection."
- If your internet is working, you'll see a green checkmark next to "Connected." If it's not working, you'll see a red X next to "Connected."
- If your internet is still not working, try restarting your phone. If that doesn't work, try resetting your network settings.
2. Try downloading the update using a different browser
- Close any open browsers and try downloading the update using a different browser.
- If the update still doesn't work, try using a different internet connection.
- If the update still doesn't work, try reinstalling the Samsung Smart Switch app.
- If the update still doesn't work, try contacting Samsung support.
3. Try downloading the update from a different source
- Check to see if the update is available from the Samsung Update site.
- If the update is not available from the Samsung Update site, check to see if it is available from another source.
- If the update is not available from another source, try to fix the Samsung Update error code 401 by following the steps below.
- Back up your data.
- Uninstall any previous versions of the update.
- Install the update from a different source.
- Restore your data.
4. If you are using a Samsung Galaxy device, try using Samsung Kies
- Select your Galaxy device from the list.
- On the main screen, select Settings.
- Select General.
- Select About Device.
- Look for a message that says Software Update Available.
- Tap the message to open the Software Update dialog.
- Tap the OK button to start the update.
- If the update fails, try again later.
If the answers above didn't work then you should also try:
- Try manually installing the update
- If you are still having trouble, contact Samsung customer support