Server error 3219
Solution 1. Set Up IMAP
Server error 3219 could be caused by misconfigured Outlook and Windows Live Mail. Please check the configuration below.
NOTE: If you’re using Gmail, please see solution 2.
- Go to https://login.live.com/ and log in.
- Click on setting and select option.
- Select POP and IMAP, then select Yes in the POP option.
- Run Windows Live mail.
- Create an account by clicking Accounts ==> Email and add your account.
- Input your email address, password and display name for outgoing messages.
- Select Manually configure server settings and click Next.
- For the incoming server, select IMAP from the drop-down.
- For the incoming server address, enter outlook.office365.com and change port number to 993.
- Select Requires a secure connection (SSL).
- For Authenticate using, select Clear text from the drop-down.
- For Log-on username, enter the full email address.
- For the outgoing mail server address, enter smtp.live.com and change the port to 587.
- Select Requires a secure connection (SSL) and Requires authentication.
- Click Next and Finish.
Solution 2. Configure Your Gmail Account
When using Gmail account.
- Log in to your Gmail account.
- Click the Setting icon at the upper right side, then select Setting.
- Then click “Forwarding and POP/IMAP.”
- Enable IMAP.
- Then click Save Changes.
- Now, type in https://myaccount.google.com/security in the Address bar. Make sure you are still log in.
- Scroll down look for “Allow less secure apps:” Turn it on.
- Check your Microsoft Outlook.