The Showtime app on Roku crashes because of a variety of reasons. The most common reason is that the app is not compatible with the Roku device. Other reasons include poor internet connection, lack of storage space on the Roku device, and corrupted files.
1. Restart the Roku device
There are a few steps that can be taken in order to restart the Roku device in order to fix the Showtime app Roku crashes. First, unplug the Roku device from the power outlet. Then, wait for about 30 seconds before plugging the device back in. Once the device is plugged back in, turn on the TV and press the Home button on the Roku remote. Navigate to the Settings menu and select the System restart option. Confirm the restart by selecting the OK button. Once the Roku device has restarted, launch the Showtime app and try streaming again.
2. Force close the Showtime app and relaunch it
- Go to the Roku home screen.
- Highlight the Showtime app and press the * key on your remote.
- Select Force Close.
- Launch the Showtime app again.
3. Update the Showtime app to the latest version
There are a few steps that need to be taken in order to update the Showtime app to the latest version in order to fix showtime app roku crashes.
- First, open up the Showtime app on your Roku device.
- Then, go to the Settings menu within the app.
- From there, select the option to Check for Updates.
- The app will then check to see if there is a newer version available to download and install.
- If there is an update available, follow the prompts to install it.
- Once the update has been installed, restart the Showtime app and try opening it again.
4. Delete the Showtime app and reinstall it
First, delete the Showtime app from your Roku device. To do this, go to the Roku home screen and then navigate to the Settings menu. From the Settings menu, select the System option and then select the Apps & Features option. Find the Showtime app in the list of installed apps and select it. Finally, select the Delete option. Once the Showtime app is deleted from your Roku device, you can reinstall it by going to the Roku home screen and navigating to the Roku Channel Store. Find the Showtime app in the Channel Store and select it. Select the Add Channel option and then wait for the app to be installed on your Roku device.
5. Reset the Roku device to factory settings
- On your remote control, press the Home button.
- Navigate to Settings.
- Select System.
- Select Advanced system settings.
- Select Factory reset.
- Select Factory reset everything. Your Roku device will now restart and all settings will be reverted back to factory defaults.