Sign-in error code 53003 typically occurs when the Nintendo Switch is unable to connect to the internet. This can be due to a number of reasons, such as a weak internet connection, incorrect network settings, or a problem with the Nintendo Switch itself. In some cases, this error code can also be caused by a temporary issue with Nintendo's servers.
1. Restart your computer
- Locate the power cord for your computer and plug it into an electrical outlet.
- Close all applications that are open on your computer.
- Click the Windows Start button and type "power" in the search bar.
- Click "Power Options" in the results.
- Click the "Choose what the power button does" button.
- Under "Restart," click the "Restart now" button.
- If you are prompted to enter an administrator password, type the password and click the "Enter" button.
- After your computer restarts, sign in and attempt to sign in again. If the problem persists, contact your computer manufacturer or a qualified technician.
2. Check your firewall settings
- Open your browser and sign in to your account.
- Click on the gear icon in the top right corner and select Settings.
- Under the Network & Internet heading, click on Firewall.
- Under the Firewall settings, make sure that the Enable Firewall checkbox is checked.
- Under the Firewall rules heading, click on Add rule.
- In the Add rule window, enter the following information:
- Name: Block all traffic from <IP address>
- Action: Allow
- Protocol: All
- Port: All
- Click on OK to add the rule.
- Under the Firewall rules heading, click on Edit rule.
- In the Edit rule window, make sure that the Enabled checkbox is checked.
- Under the Firewall rules heading, click on Delete rule.
- Click on OK to delete the rule.
- Click on OK to close the Settings window.
3. Check your antivirus settings
The steps to check your antivirus settings in order to fix sign-in error code 53003 are as follows:
- Open your antivirus software and click on the "Scan" button.
- On the "Scan Type" screen, select "Full Scan."
- On the "Scan Progress" screen, you will see a list of detected viruses. If your antivirus software detected any viruses, it will show them in the "Detected Virus" column.
- Next, on the "Scan Results" screen, look for the "Sign In Error 53003" message. If it is present, click on the "Fix" button to fix the error.
- If the "Sign In Error 53003" message is not present, then your antivirus software did not detect any viruses. In this case, you can safely ignore this message.
If you didn't find success with an option above, then try:
- Check your internet connection
- Clear your browser's cache and cookies
- Try signing in again