Sims 3 error code 12
What is Sims 3 error code 12?
Sims 3 error code 12 is an error that usually occurs when you don’t have enough memory to save the game data.
How can you fix Sims 3 error code 12?
Some of the solutions to this error include upgrading your random access memory (RAM) and deleting bad save files.
Please see our in-depth walk-through solutions below.Last Updated on
Solution 1. Upgrade RAM/Memory and Increase Virtual Memory
Sims 3 error code 12 commonly appears when your memory is full or running at full load. Please add more RAM/memory or increase your virtual memory, it may fix the problem. See instruction below or watch it here on YouTube.
Increase Virtual Memory
- Click Windows Start search box and then type in Advanced system settings.
- Go to Settings >> Advance Tab >> Change.
- In Virtual Memory window, uncheck Automatically manage paging file size for all drives.
- Enable Custom Size, then set your Initial size and Maximum size.
- Click Set then Ok.
- Restart PC to apply the changes done.
- Run Sim 3.
Solution 2. Delete bad saved files
Sims 3 error code 12 may also occur due to bad saved files. Check your Sims 3 Saves folder to check corrupt saved files and delete them. Please see the guide below.
- Go to C:\Users\USERNAME\Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\Saves.
- Delete folder with a file name “.bad.”
- Then run Sim 3.