This error code happens when the Steam client is unable to connect to the Steam network. This can be due to a problem with your Internet connection, your firewall, or your router.
Users typically search for a solution by asking about:
- steam error code: -310
- steam error code
- steam error -310
1. Restart your computer and try again
- Shut down your computer
- Remove any devices, such as USB flash drives, CDs, DVDs, etc.
- Turn off your computer and disconnect all power sources
- After turning off your computer, wait five minutes
- Reconnect all power sources and turn on your computer
- When your computer starts up, open Steam and try to download a game
- If the problem persists, try to reinstall Steam
- If the problem persists, contact Steam Support
2. Try using a different browser
Open a new browser and type "steam://connect/[email protected]/" into the address bar. Type in your Steam account's login information and press Enter. If you're connected to the internet, the Steam client should start up and you'll be able to play games. If you're not connected to the internet, the Steam client should start up and you'll be able to connect to the Steam servers.
3. Clear your browser's cache and cookies
- Open your browser and go to the "Tools" menu.
- Click "Internet Options" and then "Advanced"
- Under "Cache" click "Clear browsing data"
- Under "Cookies" click "Clear cookies"
- Click "OK" to close the Internet Options window.
- Restart your computer.
4. Disable any browser extensions or add-ons that might be interfering
- In your web browser, open the "Tools" menu and select "Extensions".
- If there are any browser extensions or add-ons that are interfering with Steam, delete them.
- Restart your web browser.
- If the problem still persists, try disabling your anti-virus software, if you have it installed.
- If the problem still persists, try reinstalling Steam.
Some users might also have success with the following opitons:
- Verify that your computer's time and date are set correctly.
- Update your browser and Flash Player to the latest versions.
- Try temporarily disabling any firewall or antivirus software.
- Reinstall Steam.