There are a few reasons why the "twitch error could not update information" message may appear when trying to load a Twitch stream. The first and most common reason is that the streamer's account is currently set to private, which means that only their approved followers can view their content. If you're not following the streamer in question, you'll need to request approval from them in order to gain access. The second reason this message may appear is if the streamer is currently banned from Twitch. If this is the case, you will not be able to view their content until the ban has been lifted. Finally, this error message may also appear if the streamer is currently in the process of updating their account information. If this is the case, the streamer's content will be unavailable for a short period of time while the updates are being made.
You are here because you have a question about:
- twitch error code d15ac184
- twitch error could not update information
1. Check your internet connection and try again
If you are experiencing issues with Twitch, the first step is to verify that your internet connection is up and running. To do this, open the Twitch app and click on the three lines in the top left corner. From there, select "Settings." Under "Connection," make sure that your connection is listed as "Good." If it is not, try restarting your internet connection and retrying the Twitch app. If that does not work, you can try to update your Twitch account information. To do this, click on the three lines in the top left corner and select "Account." On the "Account" page, click on "Update Info." If you are having trouble logging in, make sure that you are entering your Twitch username and password correctly. If you are still experiencing issues, please contact customer support.
2. Try restarting your computer
- Open your computer's "start" menu and search for "cmd".
- When cmd appears under "search results," right-click on it and select "run as administrator."
- When cmd opens, type "net stop twitch" and press Enter.
- Type "net start twitch" and press Enter.
- If the twitch error could not update information still appears, try restarting your computer.
3. Clear your browser's cache and cookies and try again
- In the upper-right corner of your browser, click the gear icon and then click Internet Options.
- On the General tab, click the Settings button.
- On the Settings page, under the History section, click Clear History.
- Under the Cookies and Other Data section, click Clear Cookies and Clear Data.
- Click OK to close the Internet Options window.
- Reload the Twitch website.
- If the Twitch error persists, try using a different browser.
If the answers above didn't work then you should also try:
- Try using a different browser
- Try accessing Twitch from a different device
- Contact Twitch customer support