This error code indicates that the Windows Update service is not running. The Windows Update service is responsible for downloading and installing updates for the Windows operating system. If the service is not running, then Windows will not be able to download and install updates. There are a number of reasons why the Windows Update service may not be running, but the most common reason is that the service is disabled.
Users typically search for a solution by asking about:
- windows 10 error code 80072ee2
- window 10 update error 80072ee2
1. Try running the Windows Update Troubleshooter
- Open the Windows Update Troubleshooter by going to Start > Settings > Updates and security > Windows Update.
- Click on the “Try Windows Update” button.
- If the Windows Update Troubleshooter finds an issue with your computer, it will show you a list of possible fixes.
- Click on the “Fix Issues” button to try and fix the issue.
- If the Windows Update Troubleshooter is unable to fix the issue, you will need to contact Microsoft Support.
2. Check your date and time settings
- Open the Settings app on your computer.
- Under System, click Date and Time.
- Under Date and Time, click Change Date and Time.
- Under Time Zone, select your time zone.
- Under Advanced, click Reset.
- Under Reset Time, click OK.
- Under Format, select your time format.
- Under Time Zone, select your time zone again.
- Under Date, select your desired date.
- Under Time, select your desired time.
Still not working? maybe try one of these options:
- Check your internet connection.
- Temporarily disable your antivirus software.
- Reset the Windows Update Components.
- Run the DISM tool.
- Perform a clean boot.
- Reinstall Windows 10.