Windows activation error code 0xc004e003 (Win 10, 7 & Vista)
What is Windows error code 0xc004c003?
Windows error code 0xc004e003 is an error that usually occurs when you try to activate Windows. You may get an error message, “The Software Licensing Service reported that license evaluation failed. This may occur if the license validity interval has expired, or if the license is not signed correctly.
Note that activation is different from the installation process, which requires a product code. It is also different from post-installation registration. The error has been reported on Windows 10, 7, and Vista.
How can you fix Windows error code 0xc004c003?
Some of the solutions to this error include making sure your product key is valid, activating Windows 10 and activating Windows via internet or phone.
Please see our in-depth walk-through solutions below.Last Updated on
Solution 1. Make sure Product key is Valid
Windows activation error code 0xc004e003 may be due to an incorrect product key. It is also caused by trying to input a used product key. To solve this error, make sure you are using a valid product key.
Another reason for the error in Windows activation is when your computer’s motherboard is changed. The reason for this is when a Windows product key registered, it is locked up into the BIOS. If you ever change your motherboard, you may need to buy a new product key. The same goes for a laptop.Last Updated on
Solution 2. Activate Windows 10
Windows activation error code 0xc004e003 may also occur if the file for product key component is damaged. You may want to reset it using the instruction below.
1. Click “Start => Settings => Update & security => Activation”
2. Click “Change the product key” then, Enter the Windows 10 Default Product Key by referring to the list below.
NOTE: make sure that you use the right product key for your Windows edition or it won’t work.
Enter the Windows 10 Default Product Key.
3. Wait for the notification message that says, “We couldn’t activate Windows.” Click “close.”
4. Click “Change the product key,” then enter your Windows 10 genuine product key. Wait for it to activate.Last Updated on
Solution 3. Activate Windows Via Phone
If Windows activation error code 0xc004e003 persists, you may want to call Microsoft. Make sure to tell them the complete details. See instruction below, on how to call Microsoft in your country.
Windows 7 or lower
- Click the Windows Start button, right-click Computer, select Properties, and then select Activate Windows now.
- Choose “Show me other ways to activate” then select “Use the automated phone system.”
- Select the location nearest to you, and then select Next.
- Call one of the contact numbers provided.
- You will be guided by an automated system to activate your Windows.
- Click Windows Start and then type in slui 4 or right-click Windows start, then click “Run” and type in “Slui 4″.
- When a window appears, select your country and click “Next.”
NOTE: Don’t close the window yet.
- Call the toll-free number while in front of your computer.
- A confirmation ID will be given to you by the automated phone system.
- Type in the Confirmation ID into the box and click activate.