Windows Update Error Code 80070308 is a Windows Update error code. It is a generic error code that is caused by a number of different things. The most common cause is that the Windows Update service is not running. Other causes include a corrupt registry, a corrupt update store, or a corrupt update download.
Users typically search for a solution by asking about:
- windows error code 80070308
- windows update error code 80070308
1. Restart your computer and try again
- Try again
2. Check for updates again
1.Open the Start Menu and click on "Control Panel". 2.Click on "System and Security". 3.Click on "Windows Update". 4.In the left pane, click on "Check for updates". 5.Click on "Install updates" to install any available updates.
3. Run the Windows Update Troubleshooter
- Click Start > Settings > Update & Security.
- Click on Troubleshoot.
- Select the Windows Update option and click Run the troubleshooter.
- The troubleshooter will now scan for issues and try to fix them automatically.
- Restart your computer and check for updates again.
4. Reset the Windows Update Components
- Go to the Start menu and type cmd in the search box.
- Right-click on cmd.exe and select Run as Administrator.
- In the Command Prompt, type the following commands, pressing Enter after each: net stop wuauserv net stop cryptSvc net stop bits net stop msiserver
- Rename the following folders: C:\Windows\SoftwareDistribution to SoftwareDistribution.old C:\Windows\System32\catroot2 to catroot2.old
- In the Command Prompt, type the following commands, pressing Enter after each: net start wuauserv net start cryptSvc net start bits net start msiserver
- Close the Command Prompt and restart your computer.
5. Try installing the updates in Safe Mode
- Restart your computer and press F8 before the Windows logo appears.
- Select “Safe Mode with Networking” from the list of options.
- Press Enter and log in to your computer.
- Try to install the updates again.
- If the problem persists, restart your computer and select “Safe Mode” this time. Try to install the updates again.
6. Contact Microsoft support
There are a few ways to contact Microsoft support in order to fix windows update error code 80070308. One way is to visit the Microsoft support website and search for the error code. This will bring up a list of articles and support options that can help resolve the issue. Another way to contact Microsoft support is to call their support number and speak to a representative about the issue.