Windows Update error code 80244019
What is ‘Windows Update error code 80244019’?
Windows Update error code 80244019 is an error that usually occurs during an update when the update fails to connect to the server.
How can you fix Windows error code 80244019?
Some of the solutions to this error include:
- Resetting Windows Update service
- Turning on DEP for Essential Windows Programs and Services
- Resetting Windows Update components
- Checking the internet connection
Please see our in-depth walk-through solutions below.
Solution 1. Reset Windows Update service
“Windows Update error code 80244019” may occur when there is a problem with the connection between the PC and Windows Update server. Restarting Windows Update service may fix the error.
Solution 2. Turn on DEP for Essential Windows Programs and Services
“Windows Update error code 80244019” may also occur if your “DEP for Essential Windows Programs and Services” is disabled. Enabling it may fix the error. See the guide below.
Solution 3. Reset Windows Update Components
“Windows Update error code 80244019” could also be caused by a damaged or missing Windows Update files. Resetting your Windows Update Components may fix the error. Make sure your account has an administrative privilege to access files, download and install software. To log on as an Administrator, follow the instructions below.
- Click Start and then type in CMD.
- Right-click CMD and select run as admin.
- In the Command Prompt type in net user administrator /active: yes and then hit Enter.
- Click Start, then click the power button and select sign-out.
- Then, log in as an Administrator.
Also, see this link here for a YouTube tutorial.
- Windows Start. Type “services “in the search bar and press enter. A services window will pop up.
- Look for “Windows Update” service. Right-click it and select stop. (Don’t close the window yet.)
- Browse to C:\Windows\SoftwareDistribution\download.
- Crt + A to highlight all files. Press right click on the highlighted files. Select Delete. Wait until all files are deleted.
- Return to the services window. Look for “Windows Update” service. Right-click it, select start and then restart your computer.
Run DISM command with sfc /scannow command
Watch it here on Youtube or see instructions below.
- Click Windows Start, type in Command prompt.
- Right-click and run as Admin.
- Type in or copy and paste this command sfc /scannow to the Command Prompt.
- Wait until the process is complete.
- Type in or copy and paste this command DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth to the Command Prompt.
- Wait until the process is complete, and then Run Windows Update.
Solution 4. Check Internet Connection
“Windows update error code 80244019” may also be caused by an intermittent internet connection or when updates are blocked by your network. Checking your internet connection may fix the error.
- Visit speedtest.net to check if your internet connection is at normal speed. If not, call your internet service provider (ISP) or try again later.
- If normal, power cycle (turn off) for at least three minutes, both your PC and modem router, and then try again.
- Turn off any Firewall (parental control or bandwidth limiter), Proxy server and Anti-virus temporarily. They may be blocking the Windows update.
- If you are in a private network such as office and school, ask for assistance from the IT admin.
Solution 5. Use Windows Update Troubleshooter
Windows Update error code 0x8024a105 might be caused by a misconfigured networking settings. Try to use Windows Update Troubleshooter to diagnose the problem and may fix the problem. Using the guide below or watch it here on YouTube.
- Go here to download the Windows Update Troubleshooter.
- Run the .diagcab file.
- Click Advanced and then click Run as administrator.
- Click Next. The process would take some time.
- Click Apply this fix. The process would take some time.
- Click Close the troubleshooter.
- Restart your PC.