What is 'Xbox 360 error 68'?
"Xbox 360 error 68" is an error, which may indicate that the Xbox 360 has a hardware problem.
How can you fix 'Xbox 360 error 68'?
Some of the common fixes:
- Removing all accessories
- Claiming warranty on your console
Please see our in-depth walk-through solutions below.
1. Remove all Accessories
"Xbox 360 error 68" may indicate that an accessory is electrically short or is malfunctioning.
- Turn the console off and unplug the adaptor from the console.
- Then, remove all accessories that are currently connected to your console including the hard disk drive.
- Then, plug the adaptor into the console and turn it on.
If the error appears, skip this solution and see solution 2.
If the error disappears, the problem might be one of the accessories.
- Turn off the console again, and insert the hard disk drive first.
See if the error appears. If it does, claim warranty on your console hard disk drive.
- Repeat step 4 for each accessory that you are using to determine the cause.
2. Claim warranty on your Console
“Xbox 360 error 68” may also indicate a hardware problem. Hardware such as the adaptor, mainboard, and optical disk drive. The console might need to undergo repair or need to be replaced. If this is the case, claim the warranty on your Xbox 360.