Xbox One error code 0x80072efd
What is ‘Xbox One error code 0x80072efd’?
Xbox One error code 0x80072efd is an error that may occur as a result of a connection problem with the Xbox server.
How can you fix ‘Xbox One error code 0x80072efd’?
Some of the common fixes include:
- Checking the Xbox Live server
- Checking the internet connection
Please see our in-depth walk-through solutions below.
Last Updated on
Solution 1. Check Xbox Live server
“Xbox One error code 0x80072efd” may mean that the console could not establish a connection to Xbox Live server. Check Xbox Live Core Services server status here.
If the server is unreachable, please wait until the server is up and running.Last Updated on
Solution 2. Check Internet Connection
If the Xbox server is up and running, “Xbox One error code 0x80072efd” may indicate a problem with your internet connection. It is possible that internet service provider is under maintenance, or your network is having a problem connecting to the Xbox server.
If you are on a private network, such as school campus or office, your Xbox One internet connection might be blocked by a firewall. Ask for an IT administrator assistance to support you with this problem. However, if this problem is encountered on a home network, please see the guide below.
- Power down the console and modem router by unplugging both devices from the outlet for at least three minutes to refresh the connection.
- If using WiFi Use ethernet cable or move the Xbox near the WiFi access point.
- Check if you could connect to the internet using your mobile phone or another computer. If not, call your ISP. If yes, proceed below.
- Check your internet speed by accessing speedtest.net. If it is far from normal, call your ISP.
- If it is good, temporarily disable your firewall if you have a separate modem and router.
- Directly connect the console to the modem to bypass the router.
- Use other ISP such as your Mobile Data.