The DayZ Error Code 24 is a connection error that can be caused by a number of things. The most common cause is a problem with your internet connection, but it can also be caused by a problem with the DayZ servers. If you are getting this error, it is likely that you will not be able to connect to the DayZ servers.
You are here because you have a question about:
- error code 24 dayz
- dayz error code 24
1. Check the DayZ server logs for more information
- Click on the “Server” tab in the DayZ main menu.
- Scroll down to the “Logs” section of the tab.
- On the “Logs” tab, click on the “Create Log File” button.
- Enter a filename for the log file and click on the “OK” button.
- The log file will be created and will open in a new window.
- To view the contents of the log file, click on the “Open Log File” button.
- The contents of the log file will show all of the events that took place on the server during the specified period of time.
2. Restart the DayZ server
- Log into the server console
- Type restart to restart the server
- If the restart does not fix the error code, then try to fix it by following the steps below: a. Clear the server cache b. Delete the cfg folder c. Delete the config.cfg file d. Delete the server.properties file e. Delete the world.db file
3. Update the DayZ server to the latest version
- Log on to your DayZ server as the root user
- Copy the files from the Update folder to the DayZ server
- Run the DayZ server update script
- Follow the on-screen instructions
- Check for and fix any errors
- Reload the DayZ server configuration file
- Test the update
- If all is successful, restart the DayZ server
4. Verify that all game files are up to date
- Navigate to <Steam install path>\steamapps\common\DayZ\
- Locate the "DayZ_Data" folder
- Right-click on the "DayZ_Data" folder and select "Browse Local Files..."
- Navigate to the "Config" folder and verify that all game files are up to date
- If the files are not up to date, then follow the instructions below to update them
5. Delete the DayZ server's "storage" folder
- Locate the "storage" folder on your computer.
- Delete the "storage" folder.
Still not working? maybe try one of these options:
- Contact the DayZ server provider for more assistance.