Fedora gub error 15
What is ‘Fedora Grub error 15’?
Fedora Grub error 15 is an error message that may appear during installation or booting of Fedora when a file is not found.
How can you fix ‘Fedora Grub error 15’?
Some of the common fixes include:
- Reinstalling bootstrap code
- Editing Boot Priority using Grub
Please see our in-depth walk-through solutions below.Last Updated on
Solution 1. Reinstall the bootstrap code
“Fedora grub error 15” may mean that your master boot record (MBR) is corrupt. Try to fix it using the guide below. You might have just overwritten the MBR so it could be fixed.
- Insert Fedora bootable device.
- Boot to Fedora bootable device.
- From the boot menu for type “Linux rescue” at the “boot:” prompt for Fedora “Rescue installed the system.”
- Mount all filesystems in read-write mode.
- Replace root to real root (‘/’) on your hard disk:
# chroot /mnt/sysimage
- Re-install the bootstrap code (GRUB).
Solution 2. Edit Boot Priority using GRUB
“Fedora grub error 15” may also be caused by hardware change such as changing the motherboard. Also, it could be caused by BIOS settings that have been changed or updated. To fix this use Grub to edit your boot priority using the command below.
grub> find /grub/grub.conf
If you have multiple Linux operating systems installed, try the find command below.
grub> find /grub/grub.confLast Updated on
grub> find /grub/menu.lst