Mac OS error 67050
What is Mac OS error 67050?
Mac OS error 67050 is an error that usually occurs when the signing certificate expires and Apple changes the complete signature string to a new format after it is renewed. The new signature fails the code signature verification check and the Updater refuses to update the application.
How can you fix Mac OS error 67050?
Some of the solutions to this error include checking for a new update and testing the hardware.
Please see our in-depth walk-through solutions below.Last Updated on
Solution 1. Check for a new update
Your Mac may be out of date resulting in Mac OS error 67050. Update to the latest version and it may fix the problem. Please be guided below on how to update your Mac.
- Click the Apple Logo at the top left of your Mac’s main menu bar.
- Select “Software Update.”
- The Mac App Store will open. Then, accept Apple user license agreement.
- If additional updates are available, please include it.
- Restart your MAC after the update, some of the updates might require it.
Solution 2. Test Hardware
If Mac OS error 67050 persists, it may be caused by faulty hardware. Please test your hardware.
Test Graphics Processing Unit (GPU)
Run a heavy graphics software such as a high-end game to test your graphics card. If you encounter display problems such as garbage display, your GPU or CPU(with built-in GPU) may be causing the problem.
Test HDD using Disk Utility
- Go to this path, expand Go >> Utilities >> Disk Utility.
- In the Disk Utility window, click the First aid and then Verify Disk to do a disk drive test.
- If a red dot prompted in the test do, click Repair Disk Permissions to perform a repair.
Test RAM using Memtest86
If a hardware problem was found, please go to the nearest Apple service center.Last Updated on