Error code u7353 is a Netflix error code that indicates a problem with the Netflix servers. This error code can be caused by a number of factors, including a DNS error, a problem with your internet connection, or a problem with the Netflix servers. If you see this error code, it is recommended that you try again later.
1. Check your internet connection
- Open up a web browser and type in "netstat -an" to get a list of all active connections on your computer.
- Once you have the list, look for a line that says "TCP" and identify the port number that it is connected to.
- Next, open up a command prompt and type in "netstat -an | find "TCP"". This will show you all the active TCP connections on your computer, and the port number that it is connected to.
- Now, type in "ping "TCP port number"". This will send a test packet to the TCP connection identified in step 2, and then wait for a response.
- If you receive a response from the connection, then the connection is likely working and you can move on to the next step. If you don't receive a response, then there is likely something wrong with the connection and you will need to fix it.
2. Try another browser
- Open the Settings app on your device.
- Under "General," tap "Device Management."
- Under "Device Management," tap "Browser."
- Select "Use another browser."
- Tap "Browse" and select the browser you want to use.
- Enter your netflix credentials and tap "OK."
- If the error persists, tap "Report a problem."
If you didn't find success with an option above, then try:
- Try another device
- Restart your router
- Check your DNS settings
- Check your VPN settings
- Contact your ISP