PS3 error 8002ad23
What is ‘PS3 error 8002ad23’?
PS3 error 8002ad23 is an error that may occur when the user is disconnected from the server after 30 minutes of playing.
How can you fix ‘PS3 error 8002ad23’?
Some of the common fixes include:
- Updating the modem router’s firmware
- Setting router to DMZ mode
Please see our in-depth walk-through solutions below.
Solution 1. Update the modem router’s firmware
“PS3 error 8002ad23” could be caused by your modem router’s firmware. You might want to call your Internet service provider to assist you how to update the modem router that they have issued for your subscription. They might replace it. Also, if you still have a copper line subscription, you may want to upgrade it to fiber optic.
If you are using a separate router, try to connect directly to the modem. If it fixes the problem, update your router firmware and see solution below.
Solution 2. Set Router to DMZ mode
“PS3 error 8002ad23” may also be caused by your router configuration. Try to set your router into DMZ mode. To set it into DMZ mode you may need to set your PS3 IP address to static.
Guide for Setting IP address
The first thing to do is to go to Setting ==> Setting and Connection Status List, right down the current IP address, Subnet mask and Default router/Gateway address. Then, for the DNS call your ISP or use Google public DNS server which is 22.214.171.124 and 126.96.36.199.
Now to set PS3 IP address and DNS server to manual/ static.
- Go to Settings.
- Go to Internet Connection Setting.
- Select Custom.
- Select from the Wired connection (Ethernet Cable) and the Wireless (WiFi), whichever you are using.
- Select Auto-Detect.
- In IP address Setting, select Manual.
- Input your IP address, Subnet mask, Default router (gateway), Primary and Secondary DNS.
- MTU set to Automatic.
- Proxy server select Do Not Use.
- UPnP set to Enable.
Then access your router using your computer.
- Open a browser and type in the address bar the gateway address in the list.
- Enter the username password. Check the default password from the internet if you have not change it yet.
- Look for DMZ mode. Commonly located in Application and games tab.
- In the Destination, input your PS3 IP Address.
- Then, save the settings.