PS3 error 80710b24
What is PS3 error 80710b24?
PS3 error 80710b24 is an error that usually occurs when there is an issue with the domain name system (DNS) server.
How can you fix PS3 error 80710b24?
Some of the solutions to this error include turning off the PS3 and modem router, setting the internet protocol (IP) address and domain name system (DNS), and rebuilding database.
Please see our in-depth walk-through solutions below.
Solution 1. Power cycle PS3 and modem router
“PS3 error 80710b24” may occur due to a cache problem. You may want to remove from the power source both your modem router and PS3 for at least three minutes. This will delete temporary data stored in your PS3 and modem router. It will also refresh your connection to the internet service provider (ISP).
If the error still persists, go here, to check the PSN server status. The PlayStation Network (PSN) might be under emergency maintenance.
Solution 2. Set internet protocol (IP) address and domain name system (DNS)
“PS3 error 80710b24” may also occur if you have changed your DNS. The DNS may not be compatible with your country PlayStation Network (PSN) server. Try to set it back to automatic or replace it with Google public DNS. You may want to call also your internet service provider, to request a DNS server.
Since you are going to access the Connection Setting, you may want to set your IP address to static so the communication between your PS3 and modem router will be stable.
Step 1. Get Network Details.
- Go to Settings
- Then go to Network Settings
- Then select Settings and Connection Status List
- Copy the IP, Subnet and Default router.
Step 2. Set IP and DNS address
- In the Network Settings list, select Internet Connection Settings.
- Then choose Custom.
- For your connection method choose from Wired or Wireless.
- In the IP address Settings, choose Manual.
- Fill out the IP, Subnet and Default router.
- Use 188.8.131.52 and 184.108.40.206 for the DNS address.
Or, 220.127.116.11 and 18.104.22.168
- Then MTU = Automatic, Proxy server = Do Not Use and UPnP = Enable.
- Restart PS3
- See if DNS PS3 error 80710b24 is fixed.
Solution 3. Rebuild Database
“PS3 error 80710b24” may also indicate the presence of corrupt files or firmware. You may want to run Rebuild Database from the safe mode. To access Safe mode, please see below.
- Turn off the console via press and hold the power button for a minimum of 10 seconds.
- Then press and hold the power button again until a double beep is heard.
- Your screen display should be in Safe mode.
NOTE: Please check for a System Update in Safe mode before applying the steps below.
- Now execute Rebuild Database in Safe mode.
- See if “PS3 error 80710b24” is fixed.