PS3 error code 80028e2
What is PS3 error code 80028e2?
PS3 error code 80028e2 is an error that usually occurs when there is a connection timeout when the PlayStation 3 system attempts to connect to the Internet Service Provider’s(ISP) Domain Name Server (DNS).
How can you fix PS3 error code 80028e2?
Some of the solutions to this error include turning off the PS3 and modem router, and setting the internet protocol (IP) address and domain name system (DNS).
Please see our in-depth walk-through solutions below.
Solution 1. Power cycle PS3 and modem router
“PS3 error code 80028e2” may be caused by a cache problem. To fix it, you may want to turn off (Power cycle) both your modem router and PS3 for at least three minutes. Power cycling the device will renew the IP PS3 given by your modem router.
If the error still persists, go here, PSN could be under emergency maintenance.
Solution 2. Set internet protocol (IP) address and domain name system (DNS)
“PS3 error code 80028e2” may also be caused by IP address conflict. You may want to manually change the IP address in your PS3. Since you are going to access the Connection Setting, you may want to set change your DNS using Google public DNS or call your internet service provider (ISP) for a DNS.
Google public DNS is 188.8.131.52 and 184.108.40.206
- Go to Settings >> Setting and Connection Status List.
- Take note or take a picture of the details.
- Go back to Settings >> Internet Connection Setting >> Custom.
- Select from the Wired or Wireless and then select Auto-Detect.
- Select Manual for the IP address Settings.
- Input the details in the Setting and Connection Status List.
- Then input the DNS.
- MTU equals Automatic.
- Proxy server equals Do Not Use.
- UPnP equals Enable.
- See if “PS3 error code 80028e2” is fixed.