The whirlpool washer code f06 indicates that there is a problem with the washing machine's door locking mechanism. This error code can happen for a number of reasons, but the most common cause is a problem with the door switch or the door lock solenoid. Other possible causes include a faulty door lock, a broken door lock switch, or a problem with the washing machine's control board.
Users typically search for a solution by asking about:
- whirlpool washer error code f06
- f06 error code whirlpool
- whirlpool duet error code f06
- whirlpool washer code f06
1. Check the drain hose and make sure it is not clogged or kinked
To check the drain hose, first unplug the washer. Locate the drain hose located at the rear of the washer. It should be a coiled hose with a threaded end. Uncoil the hose and inspect it for any kinks or clogs. If the drain hose is clogged, use a plunger to suction onto the clog and pull. If the drain hose is kinked, use a snake to unkink the hose.
2. Check the washer's fill hoses and make sure they are not clogged or kinked
- Turn off the water supply to the washer.
- Disconnect the water supply line from the washer.
- Remove the fill hose from the top of the washer.
- Inspect the fill hose for kinks or clogs.
- If the fill hose is clogged or kinked, replace the fill hose.
3. Clean the washer's filters
- Remove the front panel of the washer.
- Remove the filters.
- Clean the filters with a vacuum cleaner and water.
- Replace the filters.
- Replace the front panel of the washer.
If the answers above didn't work then you should also try:
- Run a maintenance cycle.
- Call a technician.