What is 'Error code 0x800f0922' in Windows Update?
"Error code 0x800f0922" in Windows Update is an error that may occur when updating Windows 10 or installing specific updates. The user may get an error message like, "Some updates were not installed. Error(s) found: Code: 0x800f0922 Windows Update ran into a problem."
It may be caused by an insufficient amount of free space, malware infection, or an error when installing or updating .NET Framework. In which case a user might get an error message like, "The changes couldn’t be completed. Please reboot your computer and try again. Error code: 0x800F0922"
**How can you fix '**Error code 0x800f0922' in Windows Update?
Some of the common fixes include:
- Downloading and installing the latest .NET Framework
- Resetting the Windows Update components manually
- Running DISM command with sfc/ scannow command
Please see our in-depth walk-through solutions below.
1. Download and install the latest .Net Framework
"Error code 0x800f0922" in Windows Update may be caused by a missing or outdated .Net Framework. You may want to install the latest version.
- If you have already installed the .Net Framework, you need to uninstall it by going to the Control panel. Select for NET Framework, right-click and uninstall.
- Go here. Download the latest version of NET Framework.
- Then, install.
2. Reset the Windows Update components manually
"Error code 0x800f0922" may also be due to some Windows services that were disabled or some of the Windows update installers will not run due to data damage. The remedy of this error 0x800f0922 is resetting the Windows update components manually. To reset Windows update a video is provided below.
3. Run DISM command with sfc /scannow command
“Error code 0x800f0922” in Windows Update may also be caused by a corrupt or missing file. Use DISM command with sfc /scannow command to fix any corrupt files for Windows Update. See the video instructions below.
4. Run Windows Update Troubleshooter
Microsoft has a tool that troubleshoots Windows update error including error 0x800f0922. This tool is Windows Update Troubleshooter. If the following solutions failed, Windows Update Troubleshooter may able to diagnose the root cause of the problem and may able to fix the problem. See the instruction below and here is the download link for Windows Update Troubleshooter.