Xbox 360 open tray error
What is ‘Xbox 360 open tray error’?
“Xbox 360 open tray error” is an error that may occur when the user inserts the disc but the tray opens again after a few seconds. It may mean that it does not acknowledge the disc.
How can you fix ‘Xbox 360 open tray error’?
Some of the common fixes include:
- Closing the disc tray manually
- Cleaning the laser
Please see our in-depth walk-through solutions below.Last Updated on
Solution 1. Close the disc tray manually
“Xbox 360 open tray error” could be caused by an incorrect disc tray controller calibration. If your Xbox 360 has a warranty, send it back to Microsoft for repair or temporarily fix it. Try to close the disc tray manually so the disc tray controller will recalibrate itself.
- Make sure your Xbox 360 has no disc.
- Power off your Xbox 360.
- Power on the Xbox 360 by opening the disc tray.
- Push the disc tray inside with a little force to avoid breaking the motor until it automatically draws the tray inside.
- Restart your Xbox 360.
- The disc tray controller will recalibrate the disc tray.
Solution 2. Clean the Laser
“Xbox 360 open tray error” could also be caused by the laser if it is dirty or faulty. You may want to send your Xbox 360 for a warranty claim or try to clean the laser. To clean it, see instruction below.
- Prepare a cotton swab and rubbing alcohol.
- Dip the cotton swab in the rubbing alcohol.
- Press the cotton swab to slightly drain it.
- Open the disc tray or open Xbox 360 to expose the laser.
- Rub the laser and wait until it is dry.
- See if it fixes the problem.
If the error still persists, you may need to replace the laser if it is faulty.Last Updated on