Windows Update error code 0x8024a105 (Win 10, 8 & 7)
What is ‘Windows Update error code 0x8024a105’?
Windows Update error code 0x8024a105 is an error that usually occurs when trying to run Windows Update. Users have reported seeing the error when attempting to update Windows 10 using the automatic update. The error may indicate a problem with the Background Intelligence transfer service.
The error may appear as “There were problems downloading some updates, but we’ll try again later. If you keep seeing this, try searching the web or contacting support for help. This error code might help: (0x8024a105).”
The error may be caused by damage to the Windows system files. An incomplete installation, incomplete uninstall, the improper deletion of applications or hardware, malware, improper shutdown of your computer may cause damage to the system files.
How can you fix ‘Windows Update error code 0x8024a105’?
Some of the common fixes include:
- Checking the internet connection
- Downloading the Windows Update files again
Please see our in-depth walk-through solutions below.
Solution 1. Check internet connection
Windows update error 0x8024a105 is usually caused by internet connection problems. Problems such as WiFi problem, Internet service provider under maintenance, network peripherals (switch, router, and modem), or your Windows itself. Security applications are also included such as firewall and antivirus. Usually, if you are under a private network a firewall might be causing the Windows update error 0x8024a105. If this is the case, an IT admin of that network is required to let you pass the firewall.
To troubleshoot internet connection problem, please follow the guide below.
- Restart your PC and network peripherals to refresh the connection. Let all device remove detach from the outlet for a minimum of 30 seconds.
- Try to use ethernet cable if you are using WiFi or vice versa.
- Directly connect to the modem.
- If you are running a firewall, VPN or antivirus, temporarily disable it.
- Connect via mobile data, to determine if the cause is the ISP. Call the ISP, if Windows update error 0x8024a105 was fixed by using the mobile data.
Solution 2. Download Windows Update files
Windows Update error code 0x8024a105 may be due to Windows Update files getting blocked during the download. Due to the interruption, some files might be damaged or corrupt. The blocking of the connection might be due to third-party software. You may want to run your PC in clean boot to disable autorun application upon Windows startup. Then re-download the Windows update files again by deleting the SoftwareDistribution folder. Watch the steps below.
Step 1. Set Windows on Clean boot (See the video below)
Step 2. Delete SoftwareDistribution folder (See the video below)
Solution 4. Use Windows Update Troubleshooter
Windows Update Troubleshooter is a tool from Microsoft that fixes Windows update component such as Background Intelligence transfer service causing Windows Update error code 0x8024a105. Try running Windows Update Troubleshooter to fix the error using the guide below or watch it here on YouTube.
- Go here to download the Windows Update Troubleshooter.
- Run the .diagcab file.
- Click Advanced and then click Run as administrator.
- Click Next. The process would take some time.
- Click Apply this fix. The process would take some time.
- Click Close the troubleshooter.
- Restart your PC.