Xbox 360 error code 03-57-00
What is ‘Xbox 360 error code 03-57-00’?
Xbox 360 error code 03-57-00 is an error code that usually occurs when the disc you are playing is not recognized by the console. This error message indicates that there is a problem with the disc. It may be scratched or it may be dirty. Another possible cause is that the game you are trying to play has known issues.
The error may manifest as “Unrecognized disc.”
How can you fix ‘Xbox 360 error code 03-57-00’?
Some of the common fixes include:
- Checking the Xbox lens and cleaning the disc
- Clearing the system cache
Please see our in-depth walk-through solutions below.
Solution 1. Check Xbox lens and clean disc
“Xbox 360 error code 03-57-00” could be caused by dirt on your disc or the lens. Also, your disc may not be supported by your Xbox 360. To determine the source of the error, see the guides below.
Only a specific disc is having an error
- Check if the disc has dust, rub it using a soft cotton cloth with a little isopropyl alcohol and then air dry it.
- Check if the disc has a deep scratch, replace it.
- Check if the game disc is supported by your Xbox 360.
Region code Geographic regions/countries
NTSC North America and South America (United States, Canada, Mexico, Chile, and Brazil)
NTSC-J Asia (Hong Kong SAR, Japan, Korea, Singapore, and Taiwan)
PAL Europe, South Africa, India, Australia, and New Zealand
If multiple discs are having an error
- Remove all storage device such as USB storage device and external Hard disk drive
- Open the disc tray and air blow it.
- Use a DVD lens cleaner.
- Clear Xbox 360 cache. See solution 2.
- Remove internal hard disc drive. If this works, send your Xbox to Xbox service center. Your internet hard drive might be faulty.
- If the issue persists, the Xbox 360 DVD ROM lens might be faulty, send it Xbox service center.
Solution 2. Clear the System Cache
If multiple discs are having a problem, the system cache may be causing “Xbox 360 error code 03-57-00.” Clearing the system cache may fix the error.
- Click the Guide button on the controller.
- Navigate to Settings and select System Settings.
- Select Memory or Storage.
- Highlight any of the storage, and press Y on the controller.
- Select Clear System Cache.
- Select Yes to confirm.
- Turn off your Xbox 360.
- Unplug it for at least three minutes.
- Then, try playing the disc.