The Windows Activation Error Code 0xc004e003 is caused by a problem with the computer's product key. The product key is used to activate Windows and is typically located on the bottom of the laptop or on the side of the desktop tower. If the product key is not entered correctly, the error code will be displayed. This error code can also be caused by a problem with the Windows product key itself. If the product key is damaged or corrupted, the error code will be displayed.
You are here because you have a question about:
- windows 7 activate error code 0xc004e003
- a problem occurred when windows tried to activate. error code 0xc004e003
- a problem occurred when windows tried to activate error code 0xc004e003
1. Restart your computer and try activating Windows again
- Restart your computer.
- If you see a message indicating that your computer is unable to start, press any key to restart.
- After your computer restarts, press F8 to open the boot menu.
- Select your operating system and press F10 to restart your computer.
- After your computer restarts, Windows should start automatically. If it does not, try activating Windows again.
2. Contact Microsoft Support
The first step is to try to fix the problem yourself. If that doesn't work, you can contact Microsoft support. To contact Microsoft support, you'll need your product key and the error code you're getting. You can find your product key on your computer or in the System32 folder on your hard drive. To find your System32 folder, open Windows Explorer and click on "This PC." Under the "Location" heading, click on "System32." Next, open a command prompt (Windows key + R, type cmd, and press Enter). In the command prompt, type the following command and press Enter: sc query 0xc004e003 This will tell you the name of the problem file. In this example, the problem file is named "0xc004e003.sys." Next, you'll need to copy the error code and the product key to a text file. You can do this by entering the following command in the command prompt: sc copy 0xc004e003 xyz.txt where xyz is the name of the text file that you'll create. Finally, you'll need to send the text file and the product key to Microsoft support. To do this, you'll need to enter the following command in the command prompt: sc send xyz [email protected] where xyz is the name of the text file that you'll create and your_email_address is your email address.
3. Use the Activation troubleshooter
- Open the Activation troubleshooter by clicking on the Start button, typing "activation" and clicking on the "Activation troubleshooter" search result.
- On the Activation troubleshooter main window, click on the "Troubleshooting Information" tab.
- On the Troubleshooting Information tab, click on the "Activation troubleshooter" link.
- On the Activation troubleshooter window, click on the "Activation problems" link.
- On the Activation problems window, click on the "Activation problem" link for the problem that you are trying to fix.
- On the Activation problem window, click on the "Troubleshoot" button.
- On the Troubleshoot window, click on the "Activation problem" link for the problem that you are trying to fix.
- On the Activation problem window, click on the "Activation options" button.
- On the Activation options window, click on the "Offline activation" button.
- On the Offline activation window, click on the "Activate" button.
4. Change your product key
- Open the Start menu and type “regedit”.
- Navigate to the following path: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Winlogon
- Locate the ProductID key and change the value to the correct product key.
- Close the Registry Editor and restart your computer.
- If the problem persists, you may need to contact your hardware manufacturer for assistance.
5. Temporarily disable your antivirus software and try activating Windows again
- Locate and open the "Control Panel"
- Under the "Programs" tab, select "Windows Update"
- On the "Windows Update" window, select the "Check for updates" button
- If a new update is found, select the "Install updates" button
- If you are prompted to activate Windows, select the "Activate Windows" button
- After Windows is activated, repeat steps 4-5 to install the updates that were found
- If you are still experiencing problems, you may need to reinstall your antivirus software
If the answers above didn't work then you should also try:
- Check if your computer is connected to the Internet.
- Run the slmgr.vbs script.