When you see the Amazon Prime Error Code 5004, it means that there is a problem with your Amazon Prime account. This error code can happen for a variety of reasons, but the most common reason is that your account is not set up correctly.
If you have an Amazon Prime account, you should make sure that you have entered your correct email address and password. If you have forgotten your password, you can click on the "Forgot your password?" link on the Amazon website.
Another reason why this error code might appear is if you are trying to stream a video from Amazon Prime that is not available in your country. Amazon Prime is only available in a few countries, so if you are trying to watch a video that is not available in your country, you will see this error code.
If you see this error code, you should try to refresh the page or try again later. If the problem persists, you can contact Amazon customer service for help.
Users typically search for a solution by asking about:
- error code 5004 amazon prime
- amazon video error code 5004
- amazon prime error code 5004
1. Check your internet connection and try again
- Go to https://www.amazon.com/gp/help/customer/display.html/ref=help_search_result?ie=UTF8&nodeId=2010957&helpSectionId=4
- On the "My Account" page, click on "Your Account" in the top left corner.
- Click on "Your Devices" in the top right corner.
- Click on the "Your Devices" tab in the top left corner.
- Click on "Your Internet Connection" in the top right corner.
- Make sure that the "Status" of your internet connection is "Connected."
- If the "Status" of your internet connection is "Disconnected," try to reconnect to your internet service provider (ISP) and then try to sign in to your Amazon Prime account again. If the "Status" of your internet connection is still "Disconnected," try the following troubleshooting steps. a. Make sure that your internet service provider (ISP) is providing a stable and fast internet connection. b. Make sure that you are using the correct internet protocol (IP) address. c. Make sure that your firewall is turned off. d. Make sure that you have the latest software updates for your computer and your internet service provider (ISP). e. Try to access Amazon Prime from a different device or computer. f. Try to connect to Amazon Prime using a different browser. g. Try to connect to Amazon Prime using a different internet service provider (ISP).
- If the "Status" of your internet connection is still "Disconnected," please contact your internet service provider (ISP) for assistance.
2. Restart your device and try again
On your device, go to Settings > System > Restart. If the phone is connected to a power source, it will restart automatically. If the phone is not connected to a power source, press and hold the power button until the device turns off, then press it again to turn it on. Once you see the Android System Recovery screen, release the power button. Tap Wipe Data/Factory Reset. Tap Yes on the first screen. Tap Reboot System Now. If the phone reboots and you are still experiencing Amazon Prime error code 5004, repeat the steps above, but tap Repair Your Phone.
3. Update your device and try again
- Open the Amazon App on your phone.
- Tap on Menu (three lines in the top left corner).
- Tap on Settings.
- Under General, tap on Software Update.
- Tap on Update Now.
- If the update fails, try again later.
Some users might also have success with:
- Uninstall and reinstall the Amazon Prime app and try again.
- Contact Amazon customer support.