Error code 8076 is a file permission error that can happen when trying to copy, move, or delete a file from one location to another. This error can occur if the user does not have the correct permissions to access the file or if the file is in use by another program.
1. Check for updates for your software and install any that are available
- Open Windows Update and search for the software that is having the error.
- If there is a new update available, click on the update to install it.
- If there are any updates that are recommended but are not required, click on the update to install it.
- After the updates are installed, check to see if the error has been resolved. If not, repeat the steps to check for updates and install any that are available.
2. If you are using a VPN, try disconnecting and reconnecting
- Open the VPN client and connect to the desired VPN server.
- Click the "Disconnect" button.
- Click the "Connect" button.
- If the error message "Error code 8076: The requested feature is not supported on this platform" appears, try disconnecting and reconnecting the VPN client several times until the error message disappears.
3. Check your internet connection and make sure it is stable
- Open the internet browser on your computer and type in “www.speedtest.net”
- Once the website has loaded, click on the “Start” button and wait for the results to appear.
- Once the results have finished loading, click on the “Results” tab and look for the “Ping” column.
- If the Ping column shows that your internet connection is unstable, then you will need to fix the issue. To do this, you will need to try and fix the problem by either upgrading your internet connection or by using a different internet service provider.
4. Try restarting your computer
- Restart your computer.
- If the error persists, try troubleshooting the issue by following the instructions below.
- If the issue still persists, you may need to contact your computer manufacturer for assistance.
If the answers above didn't work then you should also try:
- If you are using a proxy server, try disabling it.
- Try using a different DNS server.
- Contact the software developer or support for assistance.