The error code apple destiny occurs when the user tries to access a file that does not exist on the server. This can happen when the user is trying to access a file that has been deleted or when the user is trying to access a file that has been moved to another location.
Other common searches for this error include:
- destiny error code apple
- error code apple destiny
1. Check for updates to the game and your console's software
- On your console, go to "Settings" and select "System"
- Under "System Updates," select "Check for Updates." If an update is available, it will be listed and you will be prompted to download and install it.
- If an update is not available, your console will display an error code. Please consult your console's owner's manual for more information.
2. Restart your console
To restart your console, hold down the power button and the reset button at the same time for about 10 seconds.
3. Delete and reinstall the game
Delete the game from your device. Install the game from the App Store. Enter your Apple ID and password when prompted. Select the game from the list of apps. Click on the Install button. Wait for the game to install. Launch the game. Enter your Apple ID and password when prompted. Select the correct region. Click on the Play button. If the game doesn’t start, try restarting your device.
4. Contact Bungie for support
-Open the "Settings" app on your iPhone or iPad -Select "General" -Select "Contact Apple" -Enter your Apple ID and password -Select "Submit" -You will be redirected to a page which will allow you to enter your contact information -Select "Continue" -You will be redirected to a page which will allow you to select a support issue -Select " Destiny " -Select "Report a Problem" -Select "Error Code" -Select "Contact Bungie" -Enter your Bungie.net account information -Select "Submit" -You will be redirected to a page which will provide you with a support ticket number