There is a fault code on Kenmore washers that indicates the machine is not draining properly. This can happen if the drain hose is blocked or if the machine is not level.
You are here because you have a question about:
- kenmore elite washer error code f
- f error code on kenmore elite washer
1. Reset the washer
- First, unplug the washer from the power outlet.
- Next, locate the reset button on the washer. This button is usually located on the control panel.
- Press and hold the reset button for 5 seconds.
- Finally, plug the washer back into the power outlet and turn it on.
2. Replace the washer
- First, locate the washer's inlet valve and turn off the water supply to the washer.
- Next, disconnect the water supply lines from the inlet valve.
- Then, remove the screws that secure the washer's access panel in place.
- After that, remove the access panel and locate the washer's pump.
- Disconnect the hoses from the pump and remove the pump from the washer.
- Next, remove the washer's agitator.
- After that, remove the screws that secure the washer's tub in place.
- Finally, remove the washer's tub and locate the washer's drive belt.
- Remove the drive belt and then remove the washer's tub.
- Install the new washer's tub and agitator.
- Reinstall the washer's access panel and screw it in place.
- Reconnect the water supply lines to the inlet valve.
- Finally, turn on the water supply to the washer and test it out.
3. Repair the f code
If your Kenmore washer is displaying the "F" error code, there are a few things you can do to troubleshoot and try to fix the problem yourself. First, check to make sure that there is nothing blocking the washer's door from closing completely. If the door is not closing properly, the washer will not be able to start a cycle. Next, check the washer's water supply hoses to make sure they are turned on and that there is no kink or blockage in the hoses. If the hoses are clear, try resetting the washer by unplugging it from the power outlet for a few minutes. Once the washer has been reset, try starting a cycle again to see if the "F" error code is still displayed. If the error code is still appearing, it is likely that there is a problem with the washer's door lock assembly and you will need to call a Kenmore service technician to come and take a look at the washer.
4. Replace the motherboard
- Remove the back panel of the washer to access the motherboard.
- Unplug the wires from the old motherboard and remove it from the washer.
- Install the new motherboard and reconnect the wires.
- Replace the back panel and screw it into place.