The Maytag Bravos XL LF code indicates a long fill time. This error code typically occurs when the water pressure is too low or the water inlet valve is not fully open. Other potential causes include a clogged water filter or a restricted water supply line.
You are here because you have a question about:
- maytag 2000 series washer error code lf
- maytag bravos xl lf code
1. Check the drain hose to make sure it is not kinked or clogged
- Remove the cover on the bottom of the machine.
- Locate the drain hose. It is a coiled metal tube that goes down into the drain below the machine.
- Inspect the drain hose for any signs of kink or obstruction. If there is a problem, fix it by using a pipe snake or a plunger to remove the obstruction.
- Replace the drain hose if necessary.
2. Check the washer's fill hoses to make sure they are not kinked or clogged
- Open the front cover of the washer.
- Look for any hose that is kinked or clogged. If you find a kink or obstruction, use a plunger or a hose snake to clear it.
- Look for any other areas where water could be pooling or spilling. If you find an area where water is spilling or pooling, use a plunger or a hose snake to clear it.
- Close the front cover of the washer.
3. Clean the washer's filters
- Open the front cover of the washer and locate the filters.
- Remove the two filters by pressing down on them and pulling them out.
- Wash the filters in hot water and detergent.
- Rinse them off and place them back in the washer.
- Close the front cover and turn on the washer.
- Check the error code on the machine. If the code is no longer displayed, the filters have been successfully cleaned.
4. Run a maintenance cycle to clean the washer
- Unplug the washer from the electrical outlet.
- Remove the four screws that hold the front panel in place.
- Lift the front panel off of the washer.
- Remove the soil filter and the lint filter.
- Remove the spray arm and the agitator.
- Remove the large washer drum.
- Remove the small washer drum.
- Remove the agitator blade and the guide rod.
- Remove the belt.
- Remove the pump and the motor.
- Clean the bearings and the gears with a solvent.
- Clean the pump and the motor with a solvent.
- Clean the washer exterior with a solvent.
- Install the new belt and the spray arm.
- Install the large washer drum, the small washer drum, the agitator blade and the guide rod.
- Install the soil filter and the lint filter.
- Install the spray arm and the agitator.
- Install the front panel.
- Plug the washer into the electrical outlet.
If the answers above didn't work then you should also try:
- Contact Maytag for service.