The sea of thieves error code p05 is a problem that can occur when the game is unable to connect to the server. This can happen for a number of reasons, such as the server being down for maintenance, or the game being unable to connect to the internet.
1. Restart your computer and try again
If you are experiencing an error code while playing Sea of Thieves, you can try the following steps to restart your computer and fix the problem.
- Close all open programs on your computer.
- Click “Start”, then click “Control Panel”.
- Under “System and Security”, click “Restart”.
- If you are prompted to choose an option, click “Restart now”.
- After your computer restarts, open Sea of Thieves.
- If you are still experiencing the error, please follow the instructions below to troubleshoot the issue.
- If you are unable to fix the problem, please contact customer support.
2. Update your graphics drivers
- Open Device Manager by right-clicking on the "Start" button and selecting "Device Manager".
- Locate the graphics device that is causing the issue and double-click on it.
- Click the "Driver" tab.
- Click the "Update Driver" button.
- Choose the driver version that is correct for your computer.
- Click the "OK" button.
- Reboot your computer.
3. Verify your game files
- Quit the game and reopen it.
- If you are on PC, open the Sea of Thieves game folder ( usually C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Sea of Thieves) and verify the integrity of the game files.
- If you are on console, open the Sea of Thieves game directory ( usually \System\Library\Application Support\Microsoft\SeaOfThieves) and verify the integrity of the game files.
- If you are on PC, try repairing the game. If the problem persists, try reinstalling the game.
- If you are on console, try resetting the game.
4. Delete your DXVK files and reinstall them
- Navigate to the DXVK folder on your computer.
- Delete the DXVK files you don't need.
- Reinstall DXVK.
- Copy your DXVK files back into the DXVK folder.
Still not working? maybe try one of these options:
- Change your graphics settings.
- Try running the game in Windowed mode.
- Run the game as an administrator.
- Disable your antivirus software.
- Install the Visual C++ Redistributable for Visual Studio 2015.
- Install Microsoft .NET Framework 4.6.1.