Server snapshot error vanguard is an error code that is returned when the Vanguard server is unable to take a snapshot of the game world. This can happen for a variety of reasons, including the server being overloaded or the game world being too large for the server to handle.
Users typically search for a solution by asking about:
- server snapshot error code
- server snapshot error vanguard
1. Check for updates to the Vanguard server
- Launch the vanguard server.
- Click on the “Settings” tab.
- Click on the “Check for Updates” button.
- See if there are any updates available.
- If there are updates available, click on the “Update Now” button.
- See if the server snapshot error has been resolved.
2. If using Windows, try running the Vanguard server as an administrator
- In Windows, open the Start menu and type "cmd" into the search bar. Right-click on the cmd.exe icon that appears in the search results and select Run as administrator.
- In the command prompt window, type the following command: net stop vanguard
- Type the following command to start the Vanguard server: net start vanguard
- If the Vanguard server is not started, type the following command to start the Vanguard server: net start vanguard -a
3. Try taking a new snapshot of the Vanguard server
Step 1: Navigate to the "Vanguard Server" page on the "Settings" page of the "General" section of your account. Step 2: Click on the "Take Snapshot" button to initiate the snapshot process. Step 3: Verify that the snapshot has been successfully created and uploaded to the "Vanguard Server" page. Step 4: Click on the "View Snapshot" button to view the snapshot details. Step 5: Click on the "Fix Server Snapshot Error" button to attempt to fix the server snapshot error.
4. If using Linux, try changing the permissions of the Vanguard server snapshot directory
On a Linux system, open a terminal window and type the following commands: sudo chmod 777 /var/lib/vanguard sudo chmod 444 /var/log/vanguard sudo chmod 644 /var/log/vanguard/server.log These commands set the permissions for the server snapshot directory to 777, 444, and 644, respectively. These permissions allow the server snapshot directory to be read by the vanguard server and the log files to be written to it.
5. Contact the Vanguard server support team for assistance
In order to contact the Vanguard server support team for assistance in fixing a server snapshot error, the first step would be to locate a support telephone number. Once the telephone number is located, the next step would be to dial the number and speak with a support representative. The support representative would be able to provide a detailed description of the server snapshot error, as well as provide instructions on how to fix it.