Some players are reporting getting Error Code 721 when trying to play Star Wars Battlefront 2. This error code indicates that the game cannot connect to the EA servers. There can be a number of reasons why this error code occurs, but the most likely cause is that the servers are down for maintenance or are experiencing high traffic. Another possibility is that there is an issue with the player's internet connection.
1. Restart your game and console
- If your game is not already running, press the power button to turn it off.
- Once your game is off, press and hold the reset button on the console for 10 seconds.
- After 10 seconds, release the reset button and turn on your game by pressing the power button.
- If the game does not start, try re-inserting the game disc and starting the game from the disc.
- If the game still does not start, try re-installing the game disc and starting the game from the system software.
- If the game still does not start, try reinstalling the game disc and starting the game from the hard drive.
- If the game still does not start, try reinstalling the game disc and starting the game from the online server.
2. Update your game and console to the latest version
- Launch Origin on your computer.
- Click on Origin in the Start menu.
- In the Origin window, click on the EA Games tab.
- Under the EA Games heading, click on Battlefront II.
- On the Battlefront II page, click on the Updates button.
- On the Updates page, click on the Download button.
- Click on the blue Download arrow to start the download.
- Click on the blue Install button to start the installation.
- Click on the blue Completed button to finish the installation.
- Launch Battlefront II to start playing.
3. Delete your game data and reinstall the game
Delete your game data and reinstall the game in order to fix star wars battlefront 2 error code 721:
- Start star wars battlefront 2 and sign in.
- On the main menu, select "Settings" and then "Game data."
- Select the game data you want to delete.
- On the confirmation page, select "Delete data."
- You will be prompted to reinstall the game. Select "Yes."
- After the reinstallation process is complete, sign in to the game and select "Settings" again.
- Select "Game data" and select the game data you want to restore.
- On the confirmation page, select "Restore data."
If the answers above didn't work then you should also try:
- Check your internet connection and make sure it is stable
- Contact EA customer support