The whirlpool f24 code is an error code that indicates that the washer is not draining properly. This code can happen for a few reasons, such as a clogged drain hose or a problem with the drain pump. If you see this code, it is important to troubleshoot the problem so that you can get your washer up and running again.
Other common searches for this error include:
- f24 error code whirlpool washer
- whirlpool f24 code
1. Check the drain hose and make sure it is not clogged or kinked
-Remove the drain hose from the f24 drain valve by unplugging it from the wall and pulling it out from under the machine -If the drain hose is clogged, you will see pieces of it stuck in the drain valve openings. If it is kinked, it will be twisted around the drain valve. -Replace the clogged or kinked drain hose with a new one.
2. Check the washer's water supply hoses and make sure they are turned on and there is no blockage
- Turn off the water supply to the washer.
- Check the washer's water supply hoses to ensure they are turned on and there is no blockage.
- If the hoses are not turned on or there is a blockage, turn on the water supply to the washer and check the washer's water supply hoses.
3. Clean the lint filter
- Remove the lint filter by unscrewing the two screws that hold it in place.
- Remove the lint filter material by gently scraping it off the filter with a plastic scraper.
- Wash the filter and lint filter material in warm water and detergent.
- Dry the filter and lint filter material with a clean cloth.
- Replace the lint filter by screwing it back into place.
4. Run a diagnostic test to see if the washer's control board is functioning properly
- Turn off the washer and wait five minutes for the water to drain.
- Remove the front panel of the washer.
- Locate the control board and flip it over.
- Check the fuses and the power supply.
- If the control board is functioning properly, replace the fuse if necessary and replace the power supply if it is not functioning properly.
Some users might also have success with the following opitons:
- Replace the washer's control board.