The xbox app error code -1 is a general error code that indicates a problem with the Xbox app. There are a variety of reasons why this error code can occur, including problems with the Xbox app itself, with your Xbox account, or with your Windows account. In some cases, it may also be caused by a problem with your Internet connection.
If you are seeing this error code, you will need to troubleshoot the issue in order to resolve it. First, try restarting the Xbox app and then signing back in. If that does not work, try signing out of your Xbox account and then signing back in. If you are still seeing the error, try uninstalling and then reinstalling the Xbox app.
If you are still having trouble, it is recommended that you contact Microsoft support for further assistance.
1. Restart your computer and try again
- Press the "Windows" key + "R" key at the same time to open the "Run" window
- Type "cmd" and press Enter
- Type "regedit" and press Enter
- Locate the "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE" folder and open it
- Locate the "Software" folder and open it
- Locate the "Microsoft" folder and open it
- Locate the "Xbox" folder and open it
- Locate the "App" folder and open it
- Locate the "xboxapp" folder and open it
- Right-click on the "xboxapp" folder and select "Delete"
- Restart your computer and try to open the "xboxapp" folder again
- If the "xboxapp" folder is still not accessible, try to reinstall the app
- If the "xboxapp" folder still cannot be accessed, try to reinstall the Xbox console
2. Check for updates to your Xbox app
- Open the Xbox app on your Xbox One or Xbox 360.
- On the home screen, under My Games and Apps, select Settings.
- Select System.
- Select Check for Updates.
- If there are any updates available, select Install to install them.
- After the updates are installed, select OK to close the System Settings window.
3. Try reinstalling your Xbox app
- On your Xbox One, go to Settings.
- Select System and then Apps.
- Find and select the Xbox app.
- Click on the "X" in the top right corner of the app.
- Select "Reinstall."
- Follow the on-screen instructions.
4. Try running the Xbox app in compatibility mode
The steps to try and fix an Xbox app error code -1 are as follows: First, open the Xbox app on your device. Next, select the "Settings" gear icon in the app. From here, select "Compatibility." On the Compatibility page, make sure the "Xbox App" box is checked. Finally, select "Apply." If the fix fails, try re-installing the Xbox app.
5. Check your firewall settings and make sure the Xbox app is allowed through
- Open the Windows Firewall.
- In the window that opens, click the Advanced tab.
- In the left pane, under Firewall Settings, click the Allow a Program or Service through the Firewall button.
- In the right pane, under the Xbox app, click Allow.
- If the Xbox app is not allowed through the firewall, try to allow it again. If the problem still persists, contact your network administrator.
Some users might also have success with the following opitons:
- Try resetting your Windows Store cache.
- Try signing out of your Microsoft account and signing back in.
- Try signing out of your Xbox account and signing back in.
- Try using a different Microsoft account.
- Contact Microsoft support.