Zoom error code 3113 is a problem that can occur when using the Zoom application. This error code can occur for a variety of reasons, but is typically due to either an issue with the Zoom application itself or with the user's internet connection. In some cases, this error code can also be caused by a problem with the user's computer.
The most common reason for zoom error code 3113 is an issue with the Zoom application. This error can occur if the application is not properly installed, if it is not up to date, or if there is a conflict with another application on the user's computer. In some cases, this error can also be caused by a problem with the user's internet connection. If the user's internet connection is not working properly, it can cause the Zoom application to malfunction. Another potential cause of this error is a problem with the user's computer. This error can occur if the user's computer is not compatible with the Zoom application, if the user's computer is not up to date, or if there is a conflict with another application on the user's computer.
1. Restart the computer
- Press the "F8" key repeatedly when the computer starts up. This key allows you to boot into your operating system.
- Select your operating system from the list that appears.
- In the boot menu, select the "recovery" option.
- In the recovery menu, select "restart."
- Select "reboot now" from the recovery menu.
- After the computer restarts, press the "F5" key to enter the boot menu.
- Select "reboot."
- After the computer restarts, highlight "boot from CD or DVD" and press the "E" key.
- Select "boot from CD or DVD" and press the "Enter" key.
- Place the CD or DVD containing the Windows installation media in the CD or DVD drive.
- Press the "Enter" key to start the Windows installation process.
- After the installation process is complete, press the "F10" key to reboot the computer.
2. Check if the computer meets the system requirements for Zoom
- Open the Windows Control Panel
- Select System and Security
- Select Administrative Tools
- Under System Protection, select Check for updates
- Select Windows Update
- Under Related Updates, select Device Driver Update
- Select Zoom
- Under the Update Type drop-down, select Rollup Package
- Under the Update Details section, select Install
- Click OK to close the Windows Update window
- If the Zoom update is successful, the system will return to the normal Windows Update screen. If the Zoom update is not successful, the system will return to the System and Security window, and a message will indicate that the Zoom update was not successful. In this case, the Zoom update may need to be reinstalled.
3. Update the computer's operating system
- Boot the computer into Safe Mode with Networking.
- Click on Start, and then click on Control Panel.
- Under System and Security, click on Update and Security.
- Click on Windows Update.
- Click on View All Updates.
- Select the update that corresponds to the operating system that is installed on the computer.
- Click on the button next to Install.
- When the update is installed, click on the restart button.
- After the computer has restarted, check to see if the zoom error has been fixed.
Some users might also have success with the following opitons:
- Update Zoom.
- Uninstall and reinstall Zoom.
- Disable or uninstall any security software on the computer.
- Use the Zoom Meeting Test to check if the computer's audio and video are working properly.
- Join a test meeting to check if the computer can connect to a Zoom meeting.
- Contact Zoom support.