The 0x80072ee7 error code is a Windows Update error that occurs when the Windows Update service is unable to connect to the update server. This can happen for a number of reasons, including the update server being down, the user's Internet connection being down, or the user's computer being unable to connect to the update server. When this error occurs, the user will typically see a message that says "Windows Update cannot currently check for updates because the service is not running."
Other common searches for this error include:
- windows error code 0x80072ee7
1. Download and install the latest version of Windows Update Agent
- Start by opening the Settings app on your computer.
- In the Settings app, find and click on the Windows Update icon.
- On the Windows Update page, click on the Check for updates button.
- If there are new updates available, Windows Update will automatically download and install them.
- If there are new updates available, Windows Update will also ask you to install the latest version of the Windows Update Agent.
- Click on the Install button to install the latest version of the Windows Update Agent.
2. Run the Windows Update Troubleshooter
- Open the Windows Update Troubleshooter by clicking on the Start button, typing "troubleshoot" in the search box and clicking on the Troubleshoot icon
- On the Troubleshoot page, select the option to Run the Windows Update Troubleshooter
- On the next page, click on the Update Problems button
- On the Update Problems page, click on the Next button
- On the next page, click on the Repair All button
- On the Repair All page, click on the Repair button
- On the next page, click on the Finish button
Still not working? maybe try one of these options:
- Reset the Windows Update Components.
- Delete the SoftwareDistribution folder.
- Manually update Windows.
- Use the System File Checker tool to scan for and repair corrupted system files.
- Run the DISM tool.
- Perform a clean boot.
- Contact Microsoft support.