0x800f0922 is a Windows error code that indicates that a problem occurred while trying to download or install updates. This can happen for a variety of reasons, including network problems, problems with the Windows Update service, or incorrect settings.
People like you are also looking for:
- error code 0x800f0922
1. Check your internet connection
- Check your internet connection by going to a website like speedtest.net or netmeter.com and testing your connection speed.
- If your connection speed is below the minimum required for your internet service, you may need to upgrade your internet service.
- If your connection speed is within the required range but still experiencing 0x800f0922 errors, you may need to check your internet connection settings.
- If your internet connection is still experiencing 0x800f0922 errors, you may need to contact your internet service provider for assistance.
2. Try to run the updates again
- Open the Control Panel.
- Click on the Windows Update icon.
- On the left-hand side, click on the Check for updates button.
- On the right-hand side, click on the Update tab.
- On the Update tab, under the Available updates section, select the Update my computer automatically option.
- Click on the Update my computer automatically button.
- When the update is complete, click on the OK button.
- Close the Windows Update window.
- Try to run the updates again.
3. Check if there is enough free space on your hard drive
- Open the "Computer" window
- Right-click on the C: drive and select "Properties"
- In the "General" tab, look for the "Free Space" value and make sure it is at least 20 GB
- If the "Free Space" value is lower than 20 GB, then you will need to delete some files from your hard drive in order to free up space.
4. Try to disable your antivirus software and run the updates again
- Go to your antivirus software and select “Update” or “Check for Updates”
- On the “Update” or “Check for Updates” screen, click on the “Install Now” button
- On the “Install Now” screen, scroll down to the “Windows Update” section and click on the “Install Updates” button
- On the “Install Updates” screen, click on the “Yes” button to confirm that you want to install the updates
- After the updates have been installed, click on the “Close” button to return to the “Update” or “Check for Updates” screen
- On the “Update” or “Check for Updates” screen, click on the “Restart Now” button
- After the computer has restarted, go to the “Update” or “Check for Updates” screen and click on the “OK” button to restart the computer
- After the computer has restarted, try to run the updates again
5. Try to use the Windows Update Troubleshooter
The first step is to open the Windows Update Troubleshooter by clicking on the Start button, typing "troubleshoot" in the search bar, and then clicking on the Windows Update Troubleshooter entry that appears. The second step is to click on the "Next" button to proceed. The third step is to select the issue that you are experiencing and then click on the "Next" button. The fourth step is to select the solution that you would like to try and then click on the "Next" button. The fifth step is to wait for the Windows Update Troubleshooter to finish. If the Windows Update Troubleshooter fails to fix the issue, then you will need to contact support.
Some users might also have success with the following opitons:
- Try to reset the Windows Update Components
- Try to install the updates manually