The Canon support code 5200 indicates that there is an issue with the printer's ink cartridges. The error typically occurs when the ink cartridges are not properly seated in the printer. This can be caused by a variety of factors, such as a loose connection or a dirty contact point. In some cases, the error can also be caused by a faulty ink cartridge.
People like you are also looking for:
- error code 5200 canon printer
- canon error code 5200
- canon support code 5200
1. Clean the print head
- Remove the print head cover.
- Remove the print head by gently pushing it up and away from the print bed.
- Clean the print head with a clean cloth.
- Reinstall the print head cover and print head.
- Turn on the printer.
2. Check for any debris in the printer
- Inspect the printer for any debris. This could include pieces of paper, dust, or anything else that could be blocking the printhead. If debris is found, clear it away using a vacuum cleaner or a brush.
- If the debris cannot be cleared, Canon support code 5200 may be the cause. To fix the issue, a technician will need to access the printer's firmware and update it. This can be done using a computer, and will require some technical knowledge.
3. Clean the ink cartridges
Remove the printer cover. Remove the ink cartridges. Clean the ink cartridges with a soft cloth. Replace the ink cartridges. Replace the printer cover.
4. Check for any clogged ink nozzles
- Open the printer and remove any paper and debris.
- Check each ink cartridge for any clogged or obstructed nozzles. If a nozzle appears to be blocked, use a dropper or other tool to clear the obstruction.
- Replace any clogged or obstructed ink nozzles.
- Reconnect the printer to the power source and test the printing function.
5. Run a printer head cleaning cycle
There are a few steps involved in running a printer head cleaning cycle to fix canon support code 5200. The first step is to identify the issue that is causing the printer to issue the canon support code 5200. Next, the user will need to remove any obstructions from the printer head that may be causing the issue. After that, the user will need to run a head cleaning cycle to remove any debris and grime that may be causing the issue. Finally, the user will need to re-install the printer head print cartridge to ensure that the issue is resolved.
6. Replace the ink cartridges
- Open the front cover of the printer.
- Remove the two ink cartridges by gently prying them off their clips.
- Inspect the ink cartridges for damage. If there is any damage, replace the cartridges with new ones.
- Replace the ink cartridges with new ones.
- Replace the front cover of the printer.
Still not working? maybe try one of these options:
- Reset the printer