When trying to launch a Citrix XenApp 6.5 application, the following error message is displayed: “The Citrix server is not available. Please try again later.”
This error message is displayed because the Citrix server is not available. This could be due to a number of reasons, such as the server being down for maintenance or the server being overloaded.
1. Try uninstalling and then reinstalling Citrix
- Open the Citrix Control Panel
- Under the Citrix heading, click Uninstall Citrix
- Select the Citrix products you want to uninstall, such as Citrix Receiver, Citrix XenApp, or Citrix Provisioning Services
- Click Uninstall
- Click Yes to confirm the uninstall
- Restart your computer if prompted
- After the restart, install the Citrix products you uninstalled in Step 2
- Connect to your Citrix server using the Citrix Receiver, Citrix XenApp, or Citrix Provisioning Services software
- If you have any problems, please contact Citrix support
2. If using a VPN, make sure that the VPN is configured correctly
- Verify that the VPN is configured and operational.
- Verify that the Citrix server is configured to use the VPN.
- Verify that the Citrix server is reachable from the client.
- Verify that the client is configured to use the VPN.
- Verify that the client is connected to the VPN.
3. Check for any updates for Citrix and install them
- Launch the Citrix Receiver client.
- In the main window, under the Help menu, select Check for Updates.
- The Citrix Receiver client checks for updates and displays any available updates.
- If you have any updates to install, select the relevant items and click Install.
- The Citrix Receiver client installs the updates.
4. Try restarting the computer
- If the computer is running Windows, open the Control Panel, and then click on System and Security.
- On the System and Security window, click on the Restart button.
- If the computer is running Mac OS, open the Apple menu and choose Restart.
- If the computer is running Linux, open a terminal window, and type sudo reboot.
If you didn't find success with an option above, then try:
- Check the event viewer for any clues as to what may be causing the error.
- Contact Citrix support for further assistance.