Windows error code 80070490 is typically caused by a corrupt registry key or a missing system file. This error can also be caused by a virus or malware infection.
You are here because you have a question about:
- error code 80070490
- error code 80070490 windows phone
- error 80070490
1. Check for updates through Windows Update
- Open Windows Update in Control Panel.
- If an update is available, it will be listed in the Available Updates pane.
- Click on the Update tab.
- If an update is found to be compatible with your computer, it will be listed in the Available Updates pane.
- Click on the Download and Install button.
- If prompted to do so, reboot your computer.
2. Try to install the update again
- Navigate to Settings > System > Updates and click on Check for Updates.
- If there are any updates available, you will be prompted to install them.
- If the update is not available, click on the Update button to try to install it again.
- If the update is still not available, click on the Cancel button to try to install it again later.
- If the update is available, click on the Install button to install it.
- Once the update is installed, click on the Restart button to restart your computer.
3. Temporarily disable any anti-virus or security software and try to install the update again
- Open the anti-virus software or security software and go to the "Settings" tab
- Click on "Update"
- Click on "Check for updates"
- If there is an update available, click on "Update Now"
- If there is an update available, it will take a few minutes to install. After the update is installed, try to activate it by clicking on the "Activate" button
- If the update still fails, try to reinstall the anti-virus or security software. Follow the instructions that came with the software to reinstall it.
Some users might also have success with the following opitons:
- Clear the Windows Update cache and try to install the update again.
- Reset the Windows Update Components.
- Run the System Update Readiness Tool.