If your KitchenAid dishwasher displays the error code 8-4, it means that the water isn't draining properly. This could be caused by a clog in the drain line, the pump, or the dishwasher itself. If you see this error code, you should check the drain line for any blockages. You can also try running the dishwasher with the garbage disposal turned off to see if that clears the error code. If neither of those solutions works, you may need to call a technician to come and take a look at your dishwasher.
If the answers above didn't work then you should also try:
- Check the installation of the dishwasher and make sure that it is properly installed according to the manufacturer’s instructions.
- Inspect the dishwasher’s drain hose and make sure that it is not kinked or blocked.
- Clean the dishwasher’s filters and make sure that they are not clogged.
- Inspect the dishwasher’s spray arm and make sure that it is not clogged.
- If the dishwasher is still not draining properly, call a qualified technician to service the dishwasher.