The lg dishwasher error code oe is a common error code that can occur for a variety of reasons. The most common reason for this error code is a blockage in the dishwasher's drainage system. This can be caused by a variety of things, such as a dirty filter, a clogged drain hose, or a foreign object in the drain. Another possible reason for this error code is a problem with the dishwasher's water inlet valve. If the valve is not opening or closing properly, it can cause the dishwasher to overfill and trigger the error code.
1. Check the drain hose for clogs or blockages
The first step to check the drain hose for clogs or blockages is to unplug the dishwasher and remove the front panel. Next, use a flashlight to inspect the drain hose for any debris or blockages. If there is a blockage, use a plunger to clear the obstruction. Finally, plug the dishwasher back in and test the function.
2. Clean the dishwasher filters
- Turn off the dishwasher at the main breaker.
- Remove the dishwasher filters by unscrewing them from the top of the dishwasher.
- Remove any dirt, food particles, or lint from the filters.
- Rinse the filters with plenty of water.
- Soak the filters in a bucket of water for several hours.
- Replace the filters and screw them onto the top of the dishwasher.
- Turn on the dishwasher and test the filters. If the filters are not working properly, the dishwasher may need to be repaired.
3. Clean the dishwasher spray arm nozzles
The dishwasher spray arm nozzles can become clogged with food and debris, which can cause the dishwasher to give an error code oe. To clean the spray arm nozzles, first remove any obstructions with a utensil like a spoon. Next, pour a small amount of dishwashing detergent into the dishwasher's upper spray arm. Swish the detergent around the spray arm nozzles to clean them. Finally, pour a larger amount of detergent into the dishwasher's lower spray arm and use the utensil to clean the nozzles.
If you didn't find success with an option above, then try:
- Run the dishwasher through a cycle with a dishwasher cleaner.
- Check the home's plumbing for clogs or blockages.
- Contact a plumber or LG customer service for further assistance.