The p0430 code is a generic OBD-II code that indicates that the engine control module (ECM) has detected a problem with the catalytic converter. The p0430 code is often caused by a faulty oxygen sensor, but can also be caused by a problem with the catalytic converter itself. The p0430 code is one of the most common codes that are thrown by the ECM, and can be very difficult to diagnose and repair.
Users typically search for a solution by asking about:
- ford p0430 error code
- how do i fix error code p0430
Some users might also have success with:
- Check the engine for any leaks in the exhaust system.
- Repair any leaks that are found.
- Check the oxygen sensor and replace it if necessary.
- Check the catalytic converter and replace it if necessary.