Roku error code 009 typically occurs when there is an issue with the user's internet connection. This can be caused by a number of things, such as a weak or unstable connection, incorrect DNS settings, or a problem with the router. In some cases, simply restarting the router can resolve the issue. If the problem persists, it is recommended to contact the ISP for further assistance.
You are here because you have a question about:
- error code 009 roku
- roku error code 009
1. Restart your Roku device
- Press and hold the Power button on your Roku device for at least 7 seconds to restart it.
- If you get a Roku error code 009, release the Power button and press and hold the Reset button for about 10 seconds.
- Release the Reset button and press the Power button on your Roku device again.
- If the Roku still won’t start, you may need to take it to a nearby electronics store for repair.
2. Check your internet connection
- Open the Roku app on your device.
- Select Settings.
- Select Connections.
- Select your internet connection.
- If your internet connection is working, you will see a green checkmark. If your internet connection is not working, you will see a red X.
- If your internet connection is working, you will see a message that says "Success! Your internet connection is working."
- If your internet connection is not working, you will see a message that says "Please try again later."
3. Try again later
If you are getting an error code such as "009", follow these steps in order to try again later:
- Press the "Menu" button on your remote control.
- Select "Settings."
- Under "General," select "Reset."
- Enter your password to reset your Roku.
- Select "Yes" to reset your Roku.
- If you are still getting an error code, try the following: a. Make sure your Roku is connected to a power source and your network. b. Make sure your Roku is connected to the same Wi-Fi network as your TV. c. Try restarting your Roku.
4. Contact Roku customer support
- Locate the Roku account number.
- Enter the Roku account number in the "Your Roku Account" text field on the Roku support website.
- Click the "Submit" button.
- Wait for a Roku support representative to contact you.
- Explain the problem and provide any relevant information.
- Request help resolving the issue.
- Receive assistance resolving the issue.